get a quote today

Frequently Asked Questions

Is your claims service open 24/7?

Yes! We want you to reach someone 24 hours per day 7 days a week, or when you need us most.


What different types of auto insurance is available?

Personal Automobile insurance policies offer different types of coverage:

1.) Liability coverage protects you from property damage or personal injury claims arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of a covered automobile.

2.) Medical payments coverage pays for medical expenses that you, or a family member, incur as the result of an automobile accident.

3.) Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage: coverage for YOU if you are involved in an accident with another individual who does not have Insurance or does not have enough.

4.) Comprehensive: Coverage for your vehicle if it is damaged as a result of theft, hail or vandalism.

5.) Collision: Coverage if your vehicle is damaged as a result of an accident.   


What kind of home owners insurance policy do I need?

Depending if you own your home or rent determines the type of coverage you should purchase: The following are all available at Dunn Insurance

  • Tenant Insurance:  Covers your contents and your personal liability if someone is injured inside your apartment of property you are renting.
  • Condominium Insurance: Covers your ownership in your unit, your contents and your liability exposure.
  • Homeowners Insurance: Covers your home as well as the contents as well as many additional options to ensure your protection.

Should I add extra coverage to my Homeowner policy?

Flooding and earthquakes are not covered on your standard Homeowner policy, nor are your priceless paintings. There is optional homeowners insurance for these perils and items that are not covered with your insurance policy.

* We also offer coverage for your priceless items! 

I am in the process of purchasing a new home, do I need to purchase Flood Insurance?

Flood Insurance is not required in order to purchase a home unless your are in a Flood Zone. Your mortgage professional will have this information as well as other requirements that's may be required in order for your closing to be approved. 

How do I know if I am in a Flood Zone?

Flood zones are determined by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) please see attached Flood Map to see if you will be required to purchase coverage: 

Specialty Vehicle

How can I get the best rate for my Motorcycle Insurance?

There are several factors that will save you money on your policy. A few discounts we offer are: Multi - Line, Riding Clubs or Associations, Age, Anti-Theft Device, The Amount You Drive, Your Driving Record

What amount of recreational vehicle coverage do need?

Deciding on the coverage you need for your motorhome, fifth wheel, truck camper or trailer can seem overwhelming; our RV experts make it easy. We can discuss the options available to you, storage coverage and requirements depending if your vehicles are leased or financed. 

Why do I need boat insurance, and why is it different then home or auto insurance?

If you are new to boating, you may be under the impression that your boat is covered as part of your home and auto insurance. Most homeowners policies offer a minimal amount of coverage for very small boats without an engine. If your investing in a boat you want to make sure your investment is properly covered. Similar to home insurance, a boat policy covers you for liability if someone is injured on your watercraft. Similar to auto insurance boat coverage offers bodily injury, property damage and physical damage. You can also add coverage for fishing gear and on water towing.